Reminder about reimbursement rules
Just as a gentle reminder to everyone about the COST reimbursement rules
and the practicalities resulting from it, below you will find a list with
the most important points.
More information can be found at the FAQ page of COST.
- All travel documents must be scanned and uploaded onto e-cost using
your personal e-cost account.
Of course, if you already have an electronic document (PDF),
you can simply upload that, combined with all other PDF documents into ONE single PDF. Multiple files and other formats are not accepted.
- Participants have 30 days AFTER the meeting ends to prepare the TRR form. If they don't process it, it can't be paid.
- The hotel bill and meal tickets (lunch fees) should NOT be uploaded onto e-cost: you get a flatrate for them so they should not be justified (moreover, the Grant Holder would have to remove them again, so please be kind to him).
- The following link provides instructions on how to fill in the Travel Reimbursement Request (TRR): http://www.cost.eu/Travel_Reimbursement_Instructions.
- The only document that needs to be send physically is the Travel Reimbursement Request form (TRR, see Figure on the right),
and moreover it should be signed by the participant. An electronic version of the TRR is not sufficient: the Grant Holder needs the original, and duly signed.
- The Grant Holder needs to have the physical (and SIGNED!!) copy of the TRR within 30 days AFTER the meeting ends.
- All documents related to the travel (including hotel bills and meal tickets, if available) should be kept by the participants personally,
and kept (for possible audits in the future) until 2 years after the end of H2020, i.e. until April 30, 2023 (!!!).